The diploma course in the area of hospitality management mainly focuses on using the principles of management in the field of hospitality. This area of study is mainly dealing with the study of the running of hotels, restaurants, as well as tourism-related businesses. Some of the important facts about the diploma in hospitality have been discussed in this article.
Eligibility for undertaking the diploma in a hospitality course
The duration of the diploma course in the hospitality management course mainly varies from a few months to years depending on the institution. The minimum eligibility requirement to pursue this course is to successfully complete the 10+2 level of education, or a Bachelor’s degree. This mainly depends on the type of the course.
The amount of tuition fee that is being charged for the diploma course in India mainly ranges between Rs. 15,000 to 2 lakhs. The admission to this course is based mainly on the round of counseling that is being conducted after the candidate’s qualification of the relevant entrance test.
Top career benefits to knowing about completing the diploma in a hospitality course
- This particular course is mainly designed for those individuals who want to begin their career in the field of tourism, travel, as well as in the area of hospitality management.
- A person can mainly build a satisfying career in the hospitality industry. The student will learn about different skills to manage clients as well as operations in some of the important areas. Some of these areas mainly include housekeeping, front office, as well as food and beverage.
One can get a job in some of the below areas such as:
- Hotel manager: A diploma in hospitality management mainly helps someone a position as a hotel manager. As a hotel manager, a person will have a lot of responsibilities.
- Front desk clerk: When someone is starting their career, then they can start with a front desk clerk position. In this role, the person will be responsible for greeting their customers as well as checking them in and out.
- Meeting as well as an event planner: In the case of the meeting as well as convention planners, the main job is to schedule the big events. You can do this job in a hotel but one can also do it for a convention center, an event planning company or even an educational institution.
These are some of the important facts to know about a diploma in hospitality.