Like humans, dogs also need their regular maintenance. They need to take a bath, brush their fur, have their nails trimmed, or even clean their ears and cut their fur. Grooming isn’t just about keeping up your dog’s level of tidiness, and it isn’t just about keeping your pooch attractive. Grooming is tied in with keeping up both your pooch’s physical wellbeing and additionally his or her appearance. How much does it cost to get your dog groomed? Let’s go ahead and find out!
The Importance Of Dog Grooming
In order for you as the owner to make sure that your dog is well-groomed, you should start training your pooch to go through with the grooming process while they are younger. Here are the benefits of grooming that you should know of:
- Bathing. Many pet owners think that bathing their pet often is the best for their cats or dogs. Little did they know that it can have a detrimental effect on their health since this will strip it all of the natural oils from the skin and will leave them with dry and itchy patches when scratched. As a result, it can cause infection. Ask your vet what bathing schedule is suitable for your dog breed.
- Brushing. This is often misconstrued as the only part of grooming but little did we know that this is a huge part of the process. Regular brushing can remove dirt, dandruff, and also remove any dead hairs. Brushing can also stimulate the natural oils of our pet’s fur which can spread across their coat, leaving it glossy and healthy.
- Nail Trimming. Nails can be extremely sharp and if not trimmed, it can cause serious injuries. Regular trimming can reduce the risk of injury and it will stop them from getting caught in a carpet or other upholstery. This can also prevent any ingrown nails and also arthritis and joint pain in older dogs.
- Ears. This can be one of the main concerns that pet owners face. Many breeds are susceptible to infections and parasites which is why we have to make sure that their ears are clean and odor-free. If it looks red, swollen, or has an unpleasant smell, it is a sign of infestation by mites or ticks which should be immediately examined by a veterinarian.
- Eyes. The eyes can be prone to infection especially if the hairs around them are not neatly trimmed regularly. Eyes should be bright and clear and any watery eyes or if it looks sore means that it should be checked by your veterinarian.
How Much Does It Cost?
What the dog owners earn will depend on the services that you would like to get. They typically charge extra for teeth cleaning, flea treatments, and also nail clipping. On average, you can expect to pay between $30 to $90 for your dog’s standard grooming, depending on the size of your pet, and the amount of fur that it has. The amount that every dog groomer gets paid also depends on different factors like their experience, the kind of grooming that they do, the state and residence, and also where they are working.