The Commercial Technician is the professional in charge of selling a range of corporate products and services to governments and commercial and industrial establishments nationally and internationally. Sales Engineers work as employees in large companies in different sectors, which use commercial distribution networks to promote their products. Once he has gained some experience, he can decide to work independently by starting his own business, for example in the import-export sector airport engineering graduate trainee.
What differentiates a Sales Engineer from the rest of the sales staff is the detailed knowledge of the product, as well as the understanding of the technical specifications and the competence to understand the customer’s needs regarding changes to the product lines.
What differentiates a Sales Engineer from the rest of the sales staff is the detailed knowledge of the product, as well as the understanding of the technical specifications and the competence to understand the customer’s needs regarding changes to the product lines airport engineering graduate trainee programme.
- The commercial officer is required to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, sales skills, and the ability to manage their work in full autonomy . In some companies, in addition to these aptitudes, a good knowledge of foreign languages may also be required, if the job involves the management of foreign customers, knowledge of programs such as Word or Excel.
- The candidate must also have good analytical skills, and in some cases it is the sales officer who is entrusted with the preparation of marketing or web marketing campaigns.
- Previous knowledge of the company’s business sector always constitutes a preferential title compared to other candidates.
- On the other hand, companies offer a company car, smartphone and tablet, and an interesting salary to which benefits can be added for the achievement of particular company objectives.
- The job of a commercial officer is however a dynamic activity, rich in personal satisfaction as well as well paid and which companies can hardly give up.
- Main Responsibilities
- Here is a partial list of some of the more common tasks for a sales engineer.
- Promote sales to existing customers and identify and solicit potential ones:
- conduct research, identify and contact potential customers;
- use their skills to understand customer requests and assess their needs and resources in order to recommend the appropriate products or services;
- organize meetings and present products or services in a convincing and persuasive way;
- use their technical skills and knowledge to explain the advantages of their products or services, highlighting the best qualities over the competition.