Clearing a competitive exam like UPSC, CAT, JEE etc has forever been in vogue, simply because of the enormous perks it carries. But, cracking these exams is not that easy and can make you scratch your head and turn every stone upside down.
However, it is very important to note that the decisions you make in your normal day to day life can bring a drastic change in your preparation and can make you prepare better with enormous ease.
How to make daily decisions count in competitive exam preparation?
Here are a few methods through which you may make your daily decisions count in competitive exam preparation:
- Avoid the temptations: Before you start preparing for any of the competitive exams, it is very necessary to keep in mind that you need to stay focused to your goals and no need to distract towards any fun or frolic event. Any get together, social gathering or a tour with friends might sound very tempting, but remember, these are the things which make you detach yourself from the ultimate goal you carry within yourself. So, next time any thought of going to a movie or like activities catch up your mind, just say no to yourself and make your decision strong enough to stick to your goals in the most appropriate manner.
- Drink lots of water: Even if you don’t feel like, you need to drink a lot of water for preparing robustly for the exam. Our brain is 70% water and giving it more of water keeps our grey matter active and lets us defeat the drowsy thoughts arising in our minds. Drinking a glass of water (lukewarm) in the morning, immediately after getting up, increases our metabolic rate and keeps us healthy and fit throughout the day.
- Eat light: Your eating habits can make or break your day. If you are constantly chewing some fries or such eatables then unintentionally you are inviting a good sluggishness for yourself which will always prevent you from studying further in the manner you want to. Make sure you have in store a good amount of juicy fruits or fruit juices which will keep you active throughout the session and will help you develop your thought process beyond the limits.
- Go for regular exercises: Sitting continuously for studies decreases your efficiency and the will to do more. It is advisable if you maintain a session of exercise for at least 30 minutes per day. This will keep you concentrated and will also let you focus in a better manner. Make sure to go for some Yoga practices too for concentration.
- Take breaks: Preparing for a competitive exam doesn’t mean you need to embed your head in the books forever. Taking a 15 minutes break after a 45-minute study session is advisable as well as necessary. This will motivate you to study more and in a better manner.
- Challenge yourself: If it is a small task you are assigning yourself for completion, you are not using your capabilities to the fullest. Make sure you challenge yourself daily and give yourself the boundaries which are hard to be touched. This will boost up your enthusiasm and increase your self-confidence in a surprising manner.
- Regularity in habits: You need to be regular in whatever you are doing. If your lunch time is 2 pm, then it has to be 2 pm daily. Be very cautious about your sleeping time and also the time you get up from your bed. Don’t devote much time in thinking about whether to get up or sleep again. When you know it is to be done, IT HAS TO BE DONE!
- Don’t trail off from the schedule: Make a proper schedule and stick to it. Don’t trail off to the things which are irrelevant for your examination. Following the schedule will always leave you satisfied with yourself by the end of the day. You will never need to bother about what your next step has to be. Predetermining everything, makes things go synchronized.
- Make a checklist: Make a proper checklist of the tasks you need to do and before you go the bed, make sure you check them all. This will let you sleep happily and get up motivated for the next day.
Cracking any competitive exam has always been difficult for the masses, but at the same time, it is very important to crack those exams. Giving a bit change to your daily schedule can definitely give an add-on to your preparation.